How it works
Yoichi Taniguchi and Zak Schmidt hand selected a limited number of high quality Gosanke to participate in an exclusive grow-out event held at his farm in Hiroshima, Japan.
These hand selected koi can be purchased and boarded with the breeder through the winter months in his warm greenhouses.
Currently these Tosai are too young to be accurately sexed. In April when the winter boarding period is over and the koi have grown… it will be possible to more accurately determine their sex. Many of the previous years grow-out koi that started at 15cm in the winter grew to over 30cm by spring and most of these Tosai turned out to be female! (Click here to see last years results )
Koi determined to be female in spring will be eligible to board in Taniguchi’s mud ponds for the summer growing season. An additional fee of $150.00 per koi will be charged in the spring… right before the koi are released to the mud ponds. Koi that were released to the mud ponds last summer grew to 50cm and more!
The Taniguchi Grow-out presents an opportunity to acquire a high quality koi at a fraction of the cost of a Jumbo Tosai or a Nisai. For those of us who live in colder climates, this is a great way to enjoy koi during the winter… while getting a jump on the coming spring season.
- Purchase price of your koi includes boarding fees until April.
- All other expenses are for the buyer’s account (example: boarding beyond winter, shipping, koi show entry fees).
- Pan Intercorp will arrange for shipping upon request. Call for details.
- Koi determined to be female in April may be boarded in Taniguchi’s mud ponds until November at an additional charge of $150.00 per koi. If you choose not to put your koi in the mud ponds for the growing season arrangements can be made to ship your koi to Pan Intercorp in April or May.
- Koi determined to be male in spring will be shipped to Pan Intercorp in April or May at owner’s expense.
- All risks are for the buyer’s account. Neither Taniguchi Koi Farm nor Pan Intercorp will be liable for death, disease, injury or quality decline of koi during the period of the keeping in Japan or shipping to final destination.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about the Taniguchi Grow-out. Reach out to us and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
Please call us at 1-800-827-5819 if you have any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org